What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient technique where fine needles are inserted at specific points just under the skin to stimulate, disperse and balance the flow of energy. The result is the relief of pain and restoration of normal energetic balance.
What Linda Corlett, our acupuncturist, has to say:
“Thirty-four years in the health field has taught me that each person is unique. I have found that no one fits neatly into either a western allopathic diagnosis or eastern traditional Chinese medicine pattern. I learn something each time I interact with a patient and I hope each patient learns something from me. Over the years, I have taken many courses of study and have integrated a broad scope of techniques and philosophies into my practice.
“I have been an educator, a massage therapist, an athletic trainer and I am skilled in both energy medicine and applied kinesiology. I have earned a Master of Acupuncture degree. I have incorporated into my treatment protocols a system that enhances an acupuncture treatment and allows me to successfully treat patients remotely.
“I use my skills, whether in the office or remotely, to address physical, mental and emotional levels and sublevels of health. For health to be restored, there are many layers of blockages that need to be explored and rebalanced. Organ dysfunction may be caused by toxic overload, poor lifestyle choices or genetic expression. A combination of traditional acupuncture and other treatments can address all levels and restore health.”
Are Acupuncture the Right Choice for Me?
If you are unfamiliar with acupuncture, we strongly encourage you to make a phone consultation with our acupuncturist, Linda Corlett, before your first appointment. Linda has more than 25 years of experience and has worked at Tenpenny Integrative Medical Center (TIMC) for nearly 8 years. She can answer all your basic questions. This way, your time in the office will be maximized — and you can know for sure that Tenpenny Integrative Medical Center (TIMC) is right place for you.
- BioEnergetic Balancing and reduction of toxic load
- Chronic fatigue
- Cosmetic Acupuncture: tightens muscleso the face for youthful appearance
- ENT disorders
- Tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- Sinus pain caused by acute infection
- Vertigo (dizziness)
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Unresolved back and neck pain, joint pain, herniated discs, migraine headaches
- Refractory allergies and chronic hives
- Sleep issues and Insomnia
- The response to acupuncture of 18 anxious adult subjects who complained of insomnia was assessed in a clinical trial study. Five weeks of acupuncture treatment was associated with a significant increase in melatonin secretion (measured in urine) and significant improvements in sleep as measured in a sleep lab. Significant reductions in anxiety scores were also found. PMID: 14990755
- Stop smoking — individual and group sessions
- Stress relief and emotional well being
- Women`s health issues
- Menopause and peri-menopause, hot flashes, night sweats
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Painful and irregular periods
- Uterine fibriods
- Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOS)
- Urinary disorders
- Frequent urination
- Excessive night time urination
- Interstitial cystitis
Call today to schedule a free, 15 minute phone consultation with Linda to understand how acupuncture can help you! 440-239-3438