Through an exclusive arrangements with DirectLabs, lab testing and vaccine titer testing is available directly to you. DirectLabs is a direct-to-consumer testing company, making many routine health tests available at a discount and without your doctor’s order.
The advantages are:
- For patients that have a very high insurance deductible and most test are paid for out of pocket.
- For patients who do not have a physician.
- For patients that want more information about their health but do not want the time, expense and, in the case of vaccine titers, the potential struggle with a physician to get the tests you want.
- For patients who want the results to be private.
- If you are paying for your test, ordering through DirectLabs will be 30-70% less than the money you would spend out-of-pocket for the same tests.
How to Do It
- Click on use this link.
- Choose the titer test(s) you wish to obtain.
- Add in credit card information.
- You will be emailed a laboratory form (requisition) as an attachment.
- You MUST print out this form and take it with you to the nearest LabCorp blood draw center.
- A MapQuest option will help you find LabCorp center nearest to you.
- When the tests are completed, the results will be emailed to YOU DIRECTLY. You can share the information or keep it to yourself.
- You can turn your lab test receipt into your insurance company for attempted reimbursement.
Vaccine Titers available – do you need more vaccines?
In the past, an order to draw a titer level to a particular vaccine antigen had to be written by your doctor. Now, it is possible for you to order these tests through Direct Laboratories without an order from your doctor. The tests you can order that are currently available for the following vaccines:
- Measles (listed as rubeola)
- Hepatitis B (order all tests on panel – particularly IgG)
- Hepatitis A
- Varicella-zoster (chickenpox)