DirectLabs has been in business for more than 20 years and I have been associated with this company as a medical advisor from 2004 through 2014. If you have a high deductible or are part of a medical HealthShare program, ordering your lab tests through Direct Labs can save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.
Through our arrangement with DirectLabs, routine lab testing and vaccine titer testing is available directly to you. DirectLabs is a direct-to-consumer testing company, making many routine health tests available at a discount and without your doctor’s order.
The advantages are:
- For patients that have a very high insurance deductible and most test are paid for out of pocket.
- For patients who do not have a physician.
- For patients that want more information about their health but do not want the time, expense and, in the case of vaccine titers, the potential struggle with a physician to get the tests you want.
- For patients who want the results to be private.
- If you are paying for your test, ordering through DirectLabs will be 30-70% less than the money you would spend out-of-pocket for the same tests.
How to Do It
- Click on use this link.
- Choose the test(s) you wish to obtain. You can also search for the test, such as a vaccine titer for measles or chickenpox, by using the search function at the top of the page.
- After setting up your account (user name and password), you will receive an activation email. Sometimes, this may take a few minutes to activate. When you are ready to order the test, you will need a credit or debit card to place the order.
- After your purchase, the order form will be emailed to your account. LOG in to your account to download the requisition.
- To receive the discounted price on your lab tests, you MUST print out this form and take it with you to the nearest QUEST blood draw center.
- A MapQuest option will help you find a Quest phlebotomy center nearest to you.
- When the tests are completed, the results will be emailed DIRECTLY to our account. You can share the information or keep it to yourself.
- We advise turning the receipt for your order into your HealthShare, insurance or HSA program for possible reimbursement OR to be applied to your deductible.
Vaccine Titers available – do you really need more vaccines?
In the past, in order to draw a titer level to a particular vaccine antigen had to be written by your doctor. Now, it is possible for you to order these tests through Direct Laboratories without an order from your doctor. The tests you can order that are currently available for the following vaccines:
- Measles (listed as rubeola)
- Hepatitis B (order all tests on the panel – particularly IgG)
- Hepatitis A
- Varicella-zoster (chickenpox)
- …and others
The website is very customer friendly with extensive information about each test. When you use our TIMC link, we are paid a 5% commission from Direct Labs. When you use our link and our company name, Direct Labs will also email us your results for your files. We appreciate your business and the use of our link to help offset our business costs.